For the safety of our staff we voluntarily closed from March 23 - Sept 15 . With new guidelines in place and the positive COVID-19 cases flattening we will be reopening on September 15, 2020. During the closure we have fully renovated the entire property from Front lobby, public spaces to guestrooms. All guestroom have comfortable memory foam mattresses and new carpeting.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The well-being of our guests and associates is of great importance.
These are the safety measures we have taken to protect our staff and guests:
- Discontinued our breakfast indefinitely.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, The Crestview is working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps The Crestview is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Hotel associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- All staff will wear face masks. As required by Santa Clara County, guests will also need to wear face masks.
- Temperature check station has been placed in the front lobby.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- All our guests rooms have dedicated air and heating systems and do not share air circulation with any other room.
- Contactless check in and checkout protocols are in place by using our Mobile App.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles and public bathrooms. Continued placement of hand-sanitizers at front lobby and public space.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, maid's closets, laundry rooms and staff offices.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
HOTEL HOUSEKEEPING IN A COVID-19 WORLD
During these challenging times with the COVID-19 Pandemic, we deem it essential to implement new sanitation guidelines and processes at our hotel in order to provide as safe an environment as possible for our guests and associates.
Here are some measures we have implemented to work towards a more sanitary and safe experience, for all:
· All of our staff have been trained on 'Universal Precaution' methods
· Housekeeping staff wears disposable gloves at all times during cleaning, and wear a new pair at the start of every shift
· Housekeeping staff has been taught the proper method of removing gloves, and proper disposal to avoid cross-contamination
· Housekeeping carts are sanitized before use each day
The housekeeping staff have been trained to look at the guest rooms differently and clean all of the areas that are touched regularly with disinfectant:
· Door jams, the sides of doors (just above the handle)
· Remote controls
· Sides of shower curtains
· Tops of headboards
· Electric sockets and around charging stations
· Chair frames
· Shower valves – (even behind the valve handles)
· Hair dryers - the body, plug, and cord
We have also implemented processes to clean the areas that most people touch without thought and out of habit:
· Master keys are sanitized daily.
· Disinfect handles to mops, dusters, vacuums, toilet brushes, and spray bottles daily
· Disinfect the staff break room and all appliances, handles, and tables
· Bell truck and luggage cart handholds are disinfected after each use
· Sanitize vending machines, guest laundry (machines, soap, and change dispensers, surfaces, door handles, door jams, and seats)
· Remove pamphlets, maps, menus, and magazines from common areas
· Disinfect seats, tables, lamps, and all areas that are commonly touched by guests in lobbies and common areas